fredag 26 augusti 2011

Introduction

Hej! Eftersom jag är så himla dålig på att skriva här så tänkte jag vara snäll och dela med mig av en introduktion av mig som jag skrev till engelska kursen jag går just nu. Varsågoda..

Introduction

I think it´s hard. An introduction is a hard thing to write. At least for me.

Like most people I like talking (and writing) about myself. But when people ask me who I am and to tell them about me, I find it very complicated. I could give the easy answer and tell them all about my family, what I do (school or job), where I come from and what my interests are. But what does that really tell about a person? Is that what defines us? Where we work or live? And if I lose my job, my house, my friends and even my interests, do I lose myself? Am I a different person then?
On the other hand, I myself ask the exact same questions that I find so hard to answer. I ask what they do, who they are and I ask them to tell me about themselves. And I do that because I really want to know. Nothing else. I want to know their age and what they do for a living because I am curious. And even though I know that such things don´t define them, I don´t know any other way to start to get to know someone. I once read that we are our awareness and I could take for ever to tell you what that means, or at least what I think that means, but instead I am going the old fashioned way..
My name is Isabel Hackner. I am twentythree years old and I live in Falun but I grew up in Vikarbyn, Rättvik with my mother, my two older siblings and a lot of different animals. I have three cats, one male and two females. I am a pretty outgoing and positive person most of the time. Sometimes I make things bigger and harder in my head so that they feel impossible to accomplish. If I could have one superpower I would want to be able to stop time or teleport myself. I guess that, what that says about me is that I often feel overwhelmed and cornered. I often worry about the night being too short or the summer ending too quickly.
Well, that´s my introduction and I hope you learned a little about me.